Congresswoman Blunt Rochester's campaign is looking for a Political Director.
Please see the job description below for the position of Political Director with Lisa Blunt Rochester for Congress.
- Manage the Congresswoman's relationship with stakeholders throughout the state, including elected officials, campaigns, targeted constituencies, the state Democratic party, coalitions, and interest groups;
- Create targeted finance, budget, communication, GOTV, and outreach goals and plans, which identify opportunities for issue and electoral gain;
- Track the state landscape related to electoral organizing, the state legislature, and monitor demographic and political trends related to voting and civic participation;
- Prepare briefings, draft talking points, staff the Member, create social media content, and collaborate with consultants;
- Manage in collaboration with senior political team campaign budget;
- Oversee high-and low-dollar fundraising events and political meet and greets;
- Develop, implement, and oversee Delaware call time and fundraising programs
- Recruit and train volunteers across all three counties to help with canvassing, phone banks, and parades;
- Serve as an advocate for the Member's interests and identify opportunities for improving electoral prospects;
- Oversee other campaign staff as needed.
- Proven leadership and a strong record of coalition of building;
- Substantial experience on campaigns or political outreach for elected official;
- Knowledge of Votebuilder and NGP a plus;
- Comfortable working as part of a team and enacting strategies for success;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience and Bachelor’s Degree;
- Delaware ties preferred.
Salary - Commensurate with experience
To apply for the position, email a cover letter, a resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on January 1, 2018.